Eriez Eddy Current Separators
In 1969, Eriez Magnetics patented both permanent magnetic and electromagnetic eddy current separators. Today, these powerful systems feature improved permanent magnetic circuits with rare earth magnetic material for stronger eddy currents and improved separation of non–ferrous materials.
In operation, the non–ferrous separator utilizes permanent rare earth magnets to induce eddy currents into metallic particles. This produces repelling forces which separate the metallics from non–metallics, providing a cleaner product for further processing. Removal of the metallics is selective and product loss is minimized.
The non–ferrous metallic separator consists of an external drum, an internal permanent magnetic rotor, a drive, and belt conveyor. The external drum shell of non–metallic composite material rotates at conventional belt conveyor speed. The internal Rare Earth alternating polarity rotor turns at much higher RPM than the external shell.
Through the induction of eddy currents and the resulting repelling forces, the alternating magnetic field selectively repels the non–ferrous metals and physically separates them from other materials with minimum product loss.
RevX-E® Eddy Current Separators
Eriez’ RevX-E® Eddy Current Separators feature an eccentrically mounted magnetic rotor within a non-conductive shell for the separation of nonferrous metals. The rare earth rotor produces a powerful focused field at the end of the belt.
RevX-E Eccentric Eddy Advantages:
- Cantilevered frame design for quick conveyor belt changes (10 minutes)
- Rack & pinion splitter adjustment for simple and precise splitter placement for optimum separation
- Large access panels all around the machine allows easy maintenance access
- Compact design requires less space
- Direct drive rotor and direct drive conveyor
- 1.0M (40") wide
- 1.2M (48") wide
- 1.5M (60") wide
- LT2 Rotor Assembly: 8 Pole Rare Earth Eccentric Rotor for coarse (+1") size fractions.
- ST22 Rotor Assembly: 22 Pole Rare Earth Eccentric Rotor for +1/4" to -1" size fractions.
Ultra High-Frequency Eddy Current Separator
Eriez' Ultra High-Frequency Eddy Current Separator recovers ultra-fine aluminum, copper and other nonferrous fines materials typically missed on traditional eddy current separators from ASR. The UHF Eddy’s combination of a rotor designed to produce exceptionally high gauss at the belt’s surface, with a large number of magnetic poles operating at higher rpms creates ultra high-frequency changes resulting superior separation of fine nonferrous and even bare copper wire. This UHF Eddy provides an economical solution to improve Zorba recovery without the need for additional expensive sensor based or optical sorting equipment.
Each 1.0M (40" wide) unit ships with an Eriez Brute Force feeder to provide even distribution of material across the width of the conveyor.
Recovers bare copper wire and other valuable nonferrous metals as small as 2-3 mm.
- Ultra High-Frequency Rotor
- High Surface Gauss for Superior Separation
- Large Number of Frequency Changes
- Rotor Spins at Higher RPMs
- Carbon Fiber Shell
- Precise Rack and Pinion Splitter Adjustments
- UHF 32 Pole Rare Earth Eccentric Rotor for fine (-3/8") size fractions.
For technical assistance, more information or a request for quote, please complete this form.